Daylight-balanced 5500K for neutral-tone slides in daylight!
Slide film is ageless. For years, photographers have loaded it into their cameras and created memories that can viewed as positive images on strips of film or mounted and projected in all their glory. In 2017 Kodak revived the iconic Ektachrome E100 slide film, reigniting the passion for positive.
CineStill is proud to introduce the Cs6 “Creative Slide” 3-Bath Process for color-timing E-6 reversal film, creating three new distinct slide film results - the true wonder of slide film unlocked. This process illuminates unique color profiles never before seen on slide film, effectively turning the tried and true standard into 3 totally different films. The Cs6 "Creative Slide" 3-Bath Process makes complicated chemistry simplified alchemy! The number of processing baths for E-6 film is reduced from 6 to 3. The reversal step occurs during color development in a Color&Reversal bath, and the bleach and conditioner steps are combined with the fixing step in a Bleaches&Fixer bath. Color-timing is performed with alternative 1st Developers to achieve full creative control of your slides.
D6 “DaylightChrome” Neutral-tone 5500K 1st Developer is one of the developers of the Cs6 “Creative Slide” 3-Bath Process. It renders approximately 6+ stops of usable dynamic range, with brighter whites and moderately enhanced color saturation, just like conventional E6 processing. Daylight-balanced 5500K for neutral-tone slides in daylight or with electronic flash. 1000ml stock solution makes 2000ml of single-use working solution (1+1 dilution) to develop up to 16 rolls or 100ft of slide film. 1+1 Dilution 2min @104°F (40°C).
Intended to be used with the Cr6 "Color&Reversal" 2-in-1 Slide Solution and the Bf6 "Bleaches&Fixer" 3-in-1 Slide Solution for the full 3-bath Cs6 process. Cs6 "Creative Slide" 3-Bath Kits also available
Photos by Stephen Schaub on Kodak E100 developed in D6 1st developer
- Daylight-balanced 5500K for neutral-tone slides in daylight or with electronic flash
- 1000ml stock solution makes 2000ml of working solution (diluted 1+1 with water)
- Single-use solution has a capacity of up to 16 rolls (135/120), 32-64 sheets (4x5), or 100 feet (35mm) of film
- Approximately 6+ stops of usable dynamic-range*, just like conventional E-6 processing
- Vibrant color rendering
- Low D-min for brighter whites and clean highlights
- Push process using dilutions and development times with variable temperatures
- Image archivability for at least 80 years
- Easily mixed liquid concentrate
MIXING STOCK SOLUTION
- Place 16oz (470ml) of water into a clean glass or plastic pitcher.
- Use a clean plastic stir stick or the TCS-1000 to circulate the liquid.
- While circulating, add the contents of this bottle.
- Top off solution with water to make 1000ml. Mix well.
Store mixed solution in a tightly capped, completely filled storage container for 2-6 weeks. Yellows with age and turns amber when perished. Oxygen and contaminants cause developing agents to perish.
Normal Development: 1+1 Dilution ~ 6min @104°f (40°C)
Push +1: Stock Solution ~ 6min or 1+1 Dilution ~ 8min
Push +2: Stock Solution ~ 8min
Maintaining temperature is not essential beyond pouring in the 1st developer. When a temperature control bath is not available, simply preheat the 1st Developer +2ºF warmer, and the other baths will automatically process-to-completion as they cool down. Only the 1st developer is time and temperature critical because it controls contrast and color.
* ”Usable dynamic-range” is the amount of full stops of exposure value that renders acceptable detail and color. “Total dynamic-range” however, is the maximum range containing tonal separation rendering any detail, and is often twice the usable dynamic-range. The usable dynamic-range of conventional slide film is between 6-8 stops (total 14-16 stops). Color negative is between 9-13 stops (total 16-21 stops). Digital sensors are mostly between 7-10 stops (total 12-15 stops).
Free shipping does not apply to Liquids since they ship separately via Ground within the Continental United States. "Limited Quantity Hazardous" (ORM-D) items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
No Compromises - Cs6 3-Bath Process vs. E6 6-Bath Processing...
Download Cs6 Quart Kit Complete PDF Instructions *Updated 12-31-21
Download Cs6 Complete Safety Data Sheet
Photochemical Waste Management